Monday, June 30, 2008

In Memory of Brett



It's been 14 years today that my brother Brett passed away. He and I were very close as we were only 2 years and 4 days apart. The day he passed was the hardest day of my life, with must grief and sorrow, the memories of that day bring heartache and tears. I think of him often and can't help but wonder what life would be like if he were still here. I think it is human nature to wonder about what might have been. I know that he is in Heaven with beloved relatives and our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, which gives me much comfort and peace. Because of my Faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ I know I will be with him again and I rejoice in knowing that and feel very thankful for a beloved Savior who has provided us with the gift of Eternal Families. I loved my brother dearly and treasure the sad, happy, funny(and there were many with him, he was a jokester) and spiritual memories I have of him. I miss hearing him, sing, laugh, watch and play baseball, recruiting Brad to be his slave :), talk about the baseball stats of all the baseball players (he was a die hard fan, with a passion for the game), OOOOH the list could go on and on. He was one of a kind and I feel it was a great privileged to be his older sister. I love you Brett.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holas.. que feo poner lapidas, muy triste...

RachelBarker said...

I often wonder too what life would be like with him being alive. It would be so fun having some of his little munchkins around. Plus B-RAD needs him and some of his sense of humor these days. Loved what you had to say, I'm thinking of watching his video. Wish you were here to watch it with me. Love ya

Krysta said...

Your beautiful testimony of Eternal families almost moved me to tears. How wonderful the gospel is, and how lucky we are to have it!

Amy said...

I remember seeing you at his gravesite the day of the funeral and your grief was so big it took my breath away. Everytime I think about you guys, I also wonder what would have been and I think of Brett. I'm so sorry all of you lost out on this future. Your familiy's strength is a huge inspiration to me. Love ya.

sarah said...

I remember when that happened...i didnt know your brother personally, but what a sad day for all of Elk Grove High...

Sarah Castro

Anonymous said...

I will always remember that day. Hollie came into my room at 5am and woke me up (she had been at Tomica's). She had a tear stained face and I knew something was wrong. She asked, "Were you with Jenn last night?" So, I thought something had happened to you. Then she said, "Brett Crandall died last night." We both immediately burst into sobbing tears. I cried for days- it was just so shocking and sad. Brett is a great guy- I can still hear his laugh. He always seemed to have a smile on his face.
I can contrast those sad feelings with the way I felt at your temple sealing the next year. What an incredibly spiritual experience- I don't know if there was a dry eye in the room. He was totally there. (Is this too much info for a blog? :)) I'm wondering if he is able to help your family from the other side-- I'm sure he is doing some awesome work.