Friday, October 17, 2008

Trip to Utah

Last week we heading up to Utah for General Conference for our church. We wanted Breanna and Brett to be able to attend in person since they are old enough (you have to be at least 8 to attend). They really thought it was great and were impressed with everything and best of all they could feel the spirit that is there. We got to get together with our friends the Freezes, Lindsey's and Shattuck. It was so great to reconnect with them and see our #1 babysitter Lizzie. All in all it was a great trip. We hit the Grand Canyon on our way up and Bryce Canyon and Zions National Park on the way home. Can I just say how magnificent these places are.....how can people not believe in a God when you see his wondrous creations?? The kids loved all the National Parks. I think their favorite was Zions.... on the last stop @ the park there was a river and lets just say they were very wet on the bus ride back to the car :)

Breanna playing in the water @ Zion's


Braden taking a rest stop @ Bryce Canyon


Braden loved this little area it's hard to see but he has a stick in his hand. He spent 10 minutes playing with that stick and throwing it in the water and retrieving it....so cute.


Blake playing in the water @ Zion's


Brett on his rock @ Zion's

Brett, Natalie, Breanna and Meghan @ General COnference.

Me and the kids on top of the conference center...Ray's taking the picture :)

This is Lizzie with the kids. She was the kids babysitter for the whole 6 years we lived in Hollister, CA she is absolutely the BEST. She's part of the family.

This is what Ray does when I am not looking.....goes out on a ledge at the Grand Canyon and has Breanna take a picture of him....can you say heart attack!

The family @ the Grand Canyon!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Love the pictures at the Grand Canyon!

Linda said...

I have always felt that Lizzie is also a member of your family as much as ours. Jenn, you are like a little sister to me, and I love you dearly. You have shown Lizzie what a faithful loving mother should be, and I love you for it. Thank you for counseling with her, loving her and trusting her. It has meant the world to me and to her to have a spiritual mentor like you and Ray in her life. Your children are adorable and we love them very much. I wish we lived closer. Thank you for taking the time to look at her India experience. Thank you for supporting her with your love, spirit, words and actions. She loves you immensely.

Amy said...

Such a cute fam. It's fun that you guys got to take this trip. I will put it down on my "to do" list when the girls get older. I think taking them to conference and getting to go myself woudl be very special.